Skip to main content
+ About Idealliance
Board of Directors
Meet Our Staff
Idealliance Global Offices
Policies & Practices
Higher Education Membership Program
Brand Strategy Consulting
Guide to Print Production
+ Certification & Training
Print Planning & Estimating
G7 Master Facility Qualification
G7 Process Control
Events & Webinars
Advancing the Industry
Idealliance Global Advantage Program
Guide to Print Production 20 - Download
The Guide to Print Production (version 20.1) is the graphic communications industry’s most comprehensive document of leading practices in print production and the most up-to-date specifications for printing and packaging, including GRACoL®, SWOP®, and G7®. It is published by Idealliance, and it provides incredible education into all aspects of the printing and packaging supply chain starting with design and design intent and going all the way through production.
We provide this guide as a free download in order to share new ISO standards, new characterization datasets, and the most up-to-date specifications in printing, lighting, viewing and measurement, as well as a tremendous amount of new leading practices to help advance the entire industry forward.
This booklet is the update to the Guide to Print Production, and the most current release V20.1. As with the earlier SWOP and GRACoL editions, this booklet is about publishing and printing and the proper procedures and leading techniques for reproducing a creative concept—image or information—on a targeted output media.
Download your copy now. Available FREE.
The Guide to Print Production is the body of work of Idealliance, including new specifications, standards, leading practices, how-to-guides, certifications and critical advancing information that moves businesses forward in efficiency and profitability.
The Idealliance Guide to Print Production covers many topics including:
• The Essentials: What it all means
• G7: What is G7?
• GRACOL AND SWOP: Characterized Reference Printing Conditions
• Creative Workflow: Leading Practices for Creatives
• Prepress Workflow: Leading Practices for Production
• Proofing: Leading Practices in Hard & Soft Proofing
• Print Manufacturing: Process Control in Print Production
• Standards Charts: Standardized Printing Guidelines
• Cross Media: Six Stages of an Integrated Workflow
• Idealliance: Certifications
• Idealliance: Locations Around the World
• ECG: Idealliance ECG Program Overview
• CRF: Putting Numbers to the Visual Match
• New Initiatives in Print: The Work of Idealliance
• IT8.7/5 (TC1617x): A Better Target For Profiling & Characterization
• XCMYK: Making the Most of CMYK
• Spot Color Tone Value: Specifying Spot Color Across the Supply Chain
• TR016: Quality Management for Today
• Spectral Measurement Conditions Defined: The “M” Factor
• ISO STANDARD 20654
• G7®: Master Pass/Fail Requirements
• BrandQ: Brand Color & Supply Chain Management
• Lighting Proof to Press Matching: Dealing with Metamerism Failures
• Universal Digital Print Space
• Idealliance: Print Properties & Colorimetric Council
DEER Posters Design to Print Series - Download
Idealliance ECG Characterization Test Target...
G7 How-To Guide - Download
GRACoL/SWOP 2006 Characterization Data Sets
GRACoL/SWOP 2006 ICC Profiles
CCNB GRACoL2013 M1 (90.27,1.28,-2.79) Datasets...